Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Very Sad News

I am completely devastated that we lost Summer's little girl today. I called on Cheryl's extensive neonatal experience to care for her when I became worried that she wasn't gaining weight and her activity level had decreased. Cheryl took her to her reproductive vet on the way home so he could check her out and offer some advice. Summer's sweet little girl died in Cheryl's hands while she was administering IV fluids. My heart is filled with such grief. I love each and every puppy as my own and it is so hard for me to come to terms with loosing one when you do everything possible to try to keep them healthy.


Now both of Summer's boys are with Annie. Annie should be up for the mother of the year award. This being her first litter it is amazing how readily she accepted Summers puppies and is caring for them as her own.

No comments:

Post a Comment